When iOS 10 jailbreak is out after the release of iOS 10 download in June 2016 [post WWDC] , Cydia will also be updated to support the new released jailbreak. Saurik, creator of Cydia, would also be releasing new updates to tweaks coming our way, including an update to Cydia Impactor to support iOS 10. This would be great news for all of you who love to use Cydia Impactor and, with an update to iOS 10.1 expected soon after, most likely killing off the jailbreak, it will be one of the most important additions to your arsenal of jailbreak tweaks.
Image : Cydia Impactor
What is Cydia Impactor ?
If you have never heard of it and never used it, you are missing out on one of the most useful tweaks ever. Cydia Impactor allows you to remove a jailbreak from your iOS device without needing to update to the latest version of the iOS firmware. This way, you can still retain the ability to jailbreak your device.
Many people choose to go down the route of going back to factory settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. But all this does is puts your jailbroken device into a boot loop which you can only get out of by restoring through iTunes – and that means being restored to the latest iOS which might not have a jailbreak attached to it.
Features of Cydia Impactor :
Cydia Impactor is a feature rich tweak:
- It deletes the jailbreak, leaving you on the same iOS version – no more having to restore your device and lose the ability to jailbreak
- Because you stay on your current iOS version, you can reinstall the jailbreak any time you please
- Cydia Impactor will only wo on a jailbroken device and you do not need a Mac or a Pc for it to work
- Cydia Impactor will delete the jailbreak and data from your iOS device so you must perform a backup of your data first
How to Use Cydia Impactor :
- Back up your data through iTunes and or iCloud
- Ensure that your device has at least 20% battery life on it and is connected to the mains
- Open Cydia and install Cydia Impactor
- Open Cydia Impactor
- Choose Delete All Data and Unjailbreak Device
- Tap on Delete All to confirm and leave your device until the process has completed – do not touch anything
- Your iOS device will display the Welcome screen when the process has finished
Although we don’t know exactly when Cydia Impactor will be updated with iOS 10 support it will be fairly soon.
Do you use Cydia Impactor ? Are you looking forward to it getting iOS 10 support ? Make sure you Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook so we can keep you up to date with the latest developments .