As iOS 10 Jailbreak is released and people start installing the new jailbreak, some of you unfortunately will not have a smooth experience with jailbreaking your iOS device and some people will report problems with this newly released iOS 10 jailbreak. Some say the jailbreak crashes, while others say it simply won’t open, even though it all downloaded OK. The jailbreak tool is relatively new and we should, by now, expect teething problems and a few bugs.
Image : Cydia Not Opening after iOS 10 Jailbreak Fix
The biggest problem with the latest jailbreak seems to be that it won’t open after downloading and, if it does, it will crash immediately. This is causing huge problems to those who rely on jailbreaks to get their devices working how they want them to. Don’t worry though, there is an easy fix to this problem.
Fix Cydia Not Opening after Download :
- The first step is to backup your system using iTunes. Make sure you deselect the option for Encrypt Local Backup because this has to be an unencrypted backup
- Download iOS 10 IPSW firmware – make sure you use the right one for your device
- Place your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode. To do this, connect it to your PC and open up iTunes. Hold the Power and Home buttons down simultaneously for about 10 seconds. Release the Power button but continue to hold the Home button until you see a message in iTunes saying your device is in Recovery mode
- Now hold the SHIFT key [Alt| Option on a Mac ] and click on Restore iPhone in iTunes at the same time
- Download the iOS 10 Jailbreak again and follow the instructions to jailbreaking your device with the jailbreak tool
- When your device has been jailbroken successfully, do not go straight to Cydia. Instead, make sure your device is connected to WiFi and disable Airplane Mode if it is on
- Now you can open Cydia and wait – It will take a while to fully load up so be a little patient
- Your iOS device will restart when Cydia has fully loaded
- Now try Cydia again. It should be working just fine
This seems to work for most people who try it but if you are one of the unlucky few that it doesn’t work for, you will have to wait until an update to the jailbreak is released to fix it, and any other bugs that arise.