The last year has been a busy one for jailbreakers and with a new iOS firmware about to be announced, it could be about to get even busier. Cydia is the backbone of jailbreaking, it is the jailbreakers version of the App store, if you like, the place where all those tweaks, mods and themes that jailbreakers love so much are stored, inside repositories. While Cydia is instead with most of the repos that you will need, there are always going to be tweaks that are I a repo that isn’t on Cydia.
Image : Cydia Source iOS 10
Before we tell you how to add a new repo to Cydia, take a look at this list of some that might want to add :
Top iOS 10 Cydia Repo Sources :
- HASHBANG Productions – URL – http://cydia.hbang.ws
Full of useful tweaks, like ScreenFade and Tap to Unlock
- Lux – URL – http://justgetflux.om/cydia
the only place to get f.lux, the popular screen brightness tweak
- Karen’s Pineapple – URL – http://cydia.angelxwind.net
Popular place for those who play old school game and is full of useful emulators
- BiteSMS Beta – URL – http://test-cydia.bitesms.com
Home of the popular messaging tweak, BiteSMS
- TeamXBMC – URL – http://mrrors.xbmc.org/apt/ios
Places XBMC on your iOS device, widening your media options immensely
- iCleaner Pro – URL – http://exile90software.com/cydia
Very popular tweak iCleaner makes cleaning your iOS device of bad files, temporary files, broken links and much besides, so much easier
- Couria Beta – URL – http://cydia.qusic.me
A lighter version of the popular BiteSMS
- Ryan Petrich – URL – http://rpetri.ch/repo
Home to dozens of beta tweaks, like Activator and BrowserChooser, from a highly popular developer
- CoolStar – URL – http://repo.coolstar.org
An advanced repo for people who like command line tweaks
- iLEX RAT – URL – http://cydia.myrepospace/iLEXiNFO
Another advanced repo for jailbreakers who are technically minded
There are plenty more to choose from, this is just a small cross-section of the many hundreds of repos that are available to you.
How to Add a New Repo Source to Cydia :
If you find your favorite repo is not in Cydia, there is an easy way to add it:
- Open Cydia
- Tap on Sources > Edit > Add
- Type in the URL of the repo that you want to add
- Tap Add Source
That’s all there is to it. Once the repo has been added, you can explore it and download your favorite tweaks from it.
Cydia comes with a number of default repos, the largest of which is called BigBoss. It is home to the largest number of tweaks and is the perfect one for new jailbreakers, simply because it contains pretty much all you need to get started on modifying your iOS device. What happens if BigBoss is missing or if you delete it by accident – it happens! Getting it back is a simple matter:
How to Add BigBoss Repo to Cydia :
- Open Cydia
- Look at the bottom of the screen – there are 4 options. Tap on More Package Sources
- On the next screen, you will see a list of the sources that you can add. There is a disclaimer at the top of the screen, telling you that you do this at your own risk.
- Locate BigBoss on the list and tap on it
- The package will be installed and you can start using it again
If, for some strange reason, BigBoss does not come back, it may be a case of having to restore your device through iTunes and then reinstalling the jailbreak. Do keep in mind though, iTunes will restore to the latest iOS version which may not have a jailbreak attached to it.
Useful Links :