Are you looking for help in updating to iOS 10 firmware ? You’ve come to the right place. The tutorial below will take you through the entire process, step by step, to make it as painless and easy for you as possible, with upcoming video instructions to install iOS 10 on iPhone , iPad and iPod Touch.
Image : Install iOS 10 Firmware
How to Install iOS 10 :
There are three update methods for you to choose from. Before you begin, make sure you take a backup of your date through iTunes and or iCloud. If anything goes wrong during the update you will could lose all your data but will be able to restore from your backup.
The next thing you must do is clear some space on your device. Get rid of any temporary files, cache files, apps that you don’t use, files that you don’t need and consider moving al your media to an external drive for now – you can bring it back over later.
Method 1 – OTA :
This is the most common method – not for those who intend to jailbreak iOS 10 as the two are not compatible:
- Open Settings on your iOS device
- Tap on General > Software Update
- Provided you have an internet connection, you will see a message informing you of the update and prompting you to download
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update your device
- Try to do this via Wi-Fi to avoid using up all your data or running up a large bill
Method 2 – iTunes :
- Make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes
- Connect your iOS device and open iTunes
- iTunes should detect your device; click on the right one from the list in the Summary Section
- Click on Update
- iTunes will check for the update and download it – follow any instructions on-screen
- Your device will reboot to the Hello screen when the update is complete
Method 3 – iTunes with IPSW :
- Download iOS 10 IPSW for your device
- Make sure iTunes is on the latest version
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes
- In the Device Summary screen, hold the Shift [ Alt | Option for Mac ] button down and click on Restore
- Find the IPSW you downloaded and click on it
- iTunes will begin the process of updating your iOS device to iOS 10
- When complete, your device will reboot to the Hello screen
If you are intending to jailbreak iOS 10 in the future, stick to using one of the iTunes methods.