On occasion, Apple releases a whole bunch of updates at pretty much the same time. This week we have had updates for TV OS , iOS 10.3 and Mac OS Sierra and now we have another update in the form of iTunes 12.6. This is a bigger update than the previous one as it contains more than just a bug fix or two, bringing a couple of handy new features to the table as well
Image : iTunes Download
iTunes 12.6 Features :
- Rent a movie from iTunes and watch it on any device that runs iOS 10.3 or TVOS 10.2. Previously you could watch the movie only on the device that you used to access iTunes and rent the movie, now you can watch it anywhere.
- Minor bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Improvements to apps
If you haven’t downloaded iOS 10.2.1 yet, check out the link for full instructions and the IPSW download links. The steps below walk you through how to update to iTunes 12.6.
How to Download iTunes 12.6 :
There are a couple of ways that you can download iTunes version 12.6.
Method 1 : Direct Download
- Open this [ link ] and download it directly from the official iTunes website
- Follow all the instructions on screen for a successful download
Method 2 : Through iTunes Update
- Open iTunes
- Click on the Help button on the menu bar
- Locate Check for Updates on the drop-down menu and click on it
- Wait for iTunes to find the new update
- Follow the instructions on the screen and iTunes will update to v12.6
iTunes has to be kept up to date to keep pace with iOS 10 and the latest version is fully compatible with iOS 10.2.1 download [ext link] and all its new features. It is the main portal through which we update our iOS devices and backup your data before updating. Not only that, many users rely on it for their music and videos and when it doesn’t work properly, it can cause no end of problems for users.