On occasion, Apple releases a whole bunch of updates at pretty much the same time. This week we have had updates for TV OS 10.1, iOS 10.2 and Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2 and now we have another update in the form of iTunes 12.5.4. This is a bigger update than the previous one as it contains more than just a bug fix or two, bringing a couple of handy new features to the table as well
Image : iTunes Download
iTunes 12.5.4 Features :
- MacBook Pro 2016 owners benefit with support for Touch Bar, bring the Scrubber control on the Touch Bar into use. This allows users to move forwards or backwards through their media content played in iTunes
- The new TV App, made public in iOS 10.2 and TV OS 10.1 gets support. This brings all of a user’s video apps together in one single interface, from multiple providers
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
If you haven’t downloaded iOS 10.2 yet, check out the link for full instructions and the IPSW download links. The steps below walk you through how to update to iTunes 12.5.4.
How to Download iTunes 12.5.4 :
There are a couple of ways that you can download iTunes v12.5.4.
Method 1 – Direct Download :
- Open this [ link ] and download it directly from the official iTunes website
- Follow all the instructions on screen for a successful download
Method 2 – Through iTunes Update :
- Open iTunes
- Click on the Help button on the menu bar
- Locate Check for Updates on the drop-down menu and click on it
- Wait for iTunes to find the new update
- Follow the instructions on the screen and iTunes will update to v12.5.4
iTunes has to be kept up to date to keep pace with iOS 10 and the latest version is fully compatible with iOS 10.2.1 download [ext link] and all its new features. It is the main portal through which we update our iOS devices and backup your data before updating. Not only that, many users rely on it for their music and videos and when it doesn’t work properly, it can cause no end of problems for users.