Pangu is another name that is synonymous with jailbreaking. The Pangu team hails from China and they first appeared on the scene early in 2014, producing an untethered jailbreak tool for iOS 7.1. At the time, they were unknowns and, understandably, users were a little suspicious of using the jailbreak. However, the tool tested out to be perfectly safe and fully working, and was the start of a long career in producing working jailbreaks.
Image : Pangu iOS 10 Jailbreak Update
Pangu went on to become the only team to produce working jailbreaks throughout 2014, until December, when a new team by the name of TaiG appeared on the scene. However, instead of stopping Pangu in their tracks, it appeared that a bit of healthy competition was on the cards, resulting in a rash of jailbreaks every time the iOS firmware was updated.
In fact, Pangu became the fastest team to ever produce a jailbreak. Just 2 days after iOS 8 was released to the public, Pangu produced the first jailbreak for it and, in 2015, they achieved the same with the iOS 9 firmware, producing a jailbreak within just 4 weeks. Typically, we have had to wait several months before a jailbreak could be released but it appears that Pangu have broken that mold very firmly.
How to get iOS 10 Jailbreak with Pangu :
- Backup the data on your device use iTunes and | or iCloud
- Download Pangu Jailbreak for iOS 10 onto your computer
- Extract the files and save them on your desktop
- Right click on the file icon and select Run as Administrator
- Make sure your iOS device is connected to your computer
- Disable your passcode Find my iPhone and Touch ID
- Wait for the Pangu tool to detect your iOS device and then click Start [ Pangu 9 used for demonstration purpose only ]
- Pangu will now proceed to jailbreak your iOS device – do not touch your device or your computer while it is doing so unless you are asked to
- Throughout the jailbreak, you will be asked to place your iOS device into Airplane mode – do so by tapping on Settings > Airplane Mode
- Once the jailbreak is complete, your iOS device will reboot and the Cydia icon should be visible on iOS 10 home screen
- Tap on Cydia to launch it and follow the instructions to configure Cydia for first use
- Now you can start downloading your favorite tweaks and modifying your device how you want it.
Pangu Jailbreak Supported Devices :
- iPhone 6S/6S Plus
- iPhone 6/6 Plus
- iPhone 5/5S/5C
- iPhone 4S
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini, 2, 3
- iPad 2, 3, 4
- iPod Touch 5, 6
Despite absences from the scene, Pangu continues to provide us with high quality stable jailbreaks and they look set to do so for the foreseeable future. Although there has been talk of both Pangu and TaiG teams merging, or at least collaborating on jailbreaks, that doesn’t seem to have happened, at least not yet.
iOS 10 Jailbreak :
With iOS 10 due to unveiled at WWDC in June 2016 , Pangu are likely to be spending all their time inspecting and testing put the beta versions, in a bid to produce the first jailbreak for iOS 10. If past performance is anything to go by, we wouldn’t be surprised to see another one soon after OS 10 is released to the public.
Image : Pangu Jailbreak iOS 10
One last fact, for those who might have been wondering – the name Pangu is derived from Chinese Mythology and is referred to as “The first living being and creator of the Universe.”