Yalu jailbreak has been released, just in time for Christmas. The jailbreak comes to us from the Italian developer, Luca Todesco, an unusual move on his part because he normally doesn’t share his jailbreaks with us. However, he has previously told us that jailbreaking is getting tougher and, as we don’t seem to be hearing anything from Taig, Pangu or PP jailbreak teams, this is a welcome release. He has warned us though, that this is likely to be the last public jailbreak for some time and there are some things that you should be aware of before you go and install it on your iOS device.
Image : Yalu Jailbreak Download Tutorial
Before you Jailbreak :
- Yalu is in beta format at the moment and Todesco has warned us that we can expect glitches, bugs and instability. He has said that it may be better if the developers look at it first, and we wait for a time when it is more stable
- Yalu jailbreak requires the use of Cydia Impactor to side-load it onto your iOS device. For this, you will also need a valid Apple ID . A free one or a paid developers account.
- Yalu is semi-untethered and you must reactivate it when your device reboots – every time it reboots.
How to Download and Install Yalu Jailbreak :
- Download Yalu Jailbreak .ipa [ext link] and Cydia Impactor onto your Mac or PC
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac
- Use iTunes to backup the data on you iPad or iPhone
- Find the .ipa file
- Open Cydia Impactor and wait for it to recognize your iOS device
- Now drag the .ipa file to the Cydia Impactor window and drop it in
- When requested to do so, put in your Apple ID
- Now you need to be patient while Cydia Impactor signs the certificate and side-loads Yalu onto your device. Note : If you are using a free Apple ID, the certificate will expire every 7 days and you will need to repeat from step 5 onwards each time
- When the process is complete, disconnect your iPhone or iPad and go into Settings
- Open General and tap on Device Management
- Tap on Trust beside the side-loaded app
- Now find the mach_portal icon on your home screen and tap on it
- The jailbreak process will now complete so wait until your device resprings and then you should Cydia on your home screen
- Your device is now successfully jailbroken
Do be sure to download Cydia Eraser [ext link] from Cydia as soon as possible as this will let you remove the jailbreak without affecting your iOS version. Also, because this is a semi untethered tool, you need to do step 12 every time you reboot.